Check back often for updated information
Join us for all (Full-time) or just some (Part-time) of the classes, seminars, Live Music & Dancing
Our second annual Blown Away on the Bayou Harmonica/Blues Summit features world-class musicians, and teachers from Louisiana and beyond who offer Blues Instruction for ALL SKILL LEVELS in:
Harmonica, Guitar, Mandolin, Fiddle, and Accordion.
Jerry Devillier from Acadiana, our 85-year-old world-class harmonica player, will be offering our only Cajun-focused instruction.
We offer several options for those who don’t wish to participate in the full weekend.
Click the tabs below for details.
Full-time participation for the Summit is $500 for tuition and $250 for food. REGISTRATION REQUIRED
This includes (everything in all the tabs):
- Three full days, and two half days of instruction and jamming (See full Schedule).
- Admission to all seminars and dance parties (Click on the Evening Events tab for more info).
- Gospel choir participation and performance (Click Gospel Choir tab for more info)
- All gourmet, home-cooked meals and snacks, by our master Cajun chef (Click on Meals tab)
$50 Discount offered to:
- Louisiana Residents
- SPAH (Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica) members
- Western NY Blues Society members
Don’t play, or don’t want to take instrument lessons? No problem! We have a gospel choir, meeting daily in the afternoon. ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED
The choir will learn a few songs to perform at the Saturday Night Concert.
Included with Full Registration but if you’d like to participate in the Gospel Choir ONLY the fee is $100 which includes:
- Rehearsal Wed-Sat at 4:30 PM
- Saturday night performance
Please plan to attend all rehearsals and the Saturday Night performance.
Not able to participate in the full summit? You can choose to DROP-IN for a lesson or two for just $30 each.
- 75-minute lesson
- Begins at 4:30 pm Thu-Sat
- Lessons offered at all levels of experience and ability
- Harmonica, Guitar, Mandolin, Fiddle, Accordion
Every evening we will offer seminars from local master Zydeco, Cajun, Creole, and Blues musicians. They will share how they hear and play the Blues, and how the Blues influenced their musical path.
- Wednesday, October 19th – Christine Balfa
- Thursday, October 20th – Corey Ledet
- Friday, October 21st – Cedric Watson
- Saturday, October 22nd – Joe Filisko
Live Music Dance parties:
- Wednesday, October 19th – Cajun Music with Jerry Devillier on harmonica, and an all-star local band.
- Thursday, October 20th – Zydeco throw down with the Corey Ledet.
- Friday, October 21st- Creole and Zydeco with Cedric Watson and Bijou Creole
- Saturday, October 22nd – Trouble Down Teche, Lafayette’s hottest Blues Band plus the BAOTB faculty blowout Blues jam. The gospel choir will start the evening.
All seminars and dances are open to the public.
The cost to attend the EVENING EVENTS ONLY is $25 per night and includes:
- Seminars beginning at 8:30 PM
- Live Music at 9:30 PM
Gourmet, home-cooked meals are provided by our Master Cajun Chef, Jolie Meaux to all who register for the FULL SUMMIT.
Cooking Class (3:00 – 4:30)
D: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo w/ Potato Salad
L: Tacos-Carnitas, Cilantro Lime
Chicken and Black bean w/sides.
D: Cajun Smothered Pork w/two sides
L:Curry Rice Bowls
D; Cajun Shrimp Fettucini
Grillades over Gouda Grits
B: Breakfast Tacos
L: Louisiana Po’boys
D: Cajun Chicken Fricassee
Grillades over Gouda Grits